Assistant Store Manager
- Franklinton, LA
What you'll be doing
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and concerns. Maintains a presence in the store by providing excellent customer service. Ensures a clean, well-stocked store for customers. At the direction of the store manager, supervises, trains and develops store team members on companies operating practices and procedures. Assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck, organizes merchandise and transfers merchandise from stockroom to store. Assists store manager in ordering merchandise and record keeping to include payroll, scheduling and cash register deposits and receipts. Supports store manager in loss prevention efforts. Assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of store manager. Follows all company policies and procedures.
What your background should be
- Ability to read, interpret and explain to others operational directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc.). Prefer store management experience in retail, grocery or drug store environments. Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Required Schooling / Training
- Prefer completion of high school or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an American variety store chain & the second largest retailer of its type in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com